Wednesday, November 5, 2008

dun dun DUNNNNNNNN...THE MAFIA(W) blog

I plan on using the technique, which we learned a while back, of using a template with clear film and a jet ink printer. Since I have no idea what the mystery prop will be, I haven’t really thought of a scenario yet. I’ll be using my digital SLR to shoot the project, so every image will be a still shot, but I’m going to use pixilation to animate people and objects. I’m probably going to play around with a lot of Photoshop brushes and filters to give the film a painted on look.

It’s going to be tricky indeed to pull all this off in 48 hours. To edit 1440 images wont be an easy feat to undertake in that amount of time, its gonna take a lot of coffee and a new pair of contacts.
I’m probably going to create a couple of filter templates within the next couple of weeks, that way all I’ll have to do, once the trigger is pulled, is shoot the pictures and throw these filters onto the whole batch. I still haven’t figured out the most efficient way of doing that, but it’ll come to once the pressure is on. If anyone has played around with that sort of thing, and you are reading this blog, please feel free to give some advice.

Once all that is done, I’m going to transfer it to mini-dv, take it into Final Cut, and make whatever adjustments might compliment the initial structure of the film.

Also, I might try using film stock with a soundtrack. The different pulsating rhythms created by the dots in the example we looked at really added a neat dimension to the film.

I really don’t know much more than that at this point, which I think is the interesting part of the assignment. I would like my concept to reflect whatever the mystery prop might be, so it’s all basically a mystery to me until the mystery prop is revealed.

I realize I’m a few words short here so… I’m going to go ahead and say that my film is going to change the entire industry, as well as the viewing experience as a whole. That may be a lot to take in, but it’s true. It’s going to rattle the heads of world leaders and create an indiscriminant peace for all of mankind. That is, of course, if the mystery prop is more of a mystery budget than it is an actual prop. Think about it. Just make a mystery (blank) check out to me and I will accomplish all of this in the name of Andre “Dr. Dre” Silva the great.

No comments: